Koil Energy Solutions takes the privacy of its users seriously. We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our users and clients in accordance with worldwide practices for customer privacy and data protection. Koil Energy Solutions will not release your personal data to any third parties without your consent or as required by law.
We collect personal information from you through the use of inquiry and registration forms and every time you e-mail us your details. We also collect information automatically about your visit to our site. The information obtained in this way, which includes demographic data and browsing patterns, is only used in aggregate form. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer our website. We use customer contact information from the registration form to contact the member when necessary and to provide regular information on Koil Energy Solutions Users may opt out of receiving mailings.
If you do not wish to receive information about our products or services, or the products or services offered jointly with or on behalf of other organizations, please tell us in your communications with us. We also use information in aggregate form (so that no individual user is identified).
As a business-to-business (“B2B”) organization, we collect name, contact details,and other Personal Data related to our commercial relationships. We collect the following categories of Personal Data.
- Basic Data: Name, title, company, region, job responsibilities, phone number, mailing address, email address, contact details, age and/or date of birth if requested, and any other personal data that you submit to us during the course of correspondence with us.
- Registration Data: Newsletter and/or other alert requests, subscriptions, downloads and registration to seminars, courses or conferences.
- Marketing Data: Data about individual participation in trade shows, seminars and conferences, credentials, associations, product interests, query information and preferences.
- Job Applicant Data: Data provided by job applicants or others on our Site or offline means in connection with employment opportunities. Additional notice will be provided via separate privacy statement(s) where applicable.
- Device Data: Computer Internet Protocol (IP) address, unique device identifier (UDID), cookies and other data linked to a device, and data about usage of our Site (Usage Data). Note, however, we do not consider Device Data to be Personal Data except where we can link it to you as an individual or where applicable law provides otherwise.
We potentially may use the above categories of Personal Data for the following purposes:
|PURPOSE OF USE||CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA|
|Perform transactions and respond to your inquiries, as directed by you||Basic Data, Registration Data and Device Data|
|Manage your accounts and maintain our business operations||Basic Data, Registration Data and Device Data|
|Make our Site more intuitive and easy to use||Device/instrument Data|
|Protect the security and effective functioning of our Site and information technology systems||Basic Data, Registration Data and Device Data|
|Provide relevant marketing, when appropriate||Basic Data, Registration Data, Device Data and Marketing Data|
|Address our compliance and legal obligations and exercise our legal rights||Basic Data, Registration Data and Device Data|
|Consider individuals for employment and contractor opportunities and manage on-boarding procedures||Job Applicant Data|
We may share Personal Data with the following categories of recipients.
- Affiliates: We share Personal Data within the Koil Energy Solutions divisions or companies as necessary for the purposes identified above. As noted above, the list of affiliates within Koil Energy Solutions are provided upon request.
- Suppliers and service providers: We share Personal Data with suppliers and service providers to enable such parties to perform functions on our behalf and under our instructions in order to carry out the purposes identified above. We may enter into alliances, partnerships, contracts or other business arrangements with third parties who may be given or acquire personal information on our behalf. They may obtain your name, address, telephone number [not likely personal] and email for the purpose of our own Koil contact. We require such parties by contract to provide reasonable security for Personal Data and to use and process such Personal Data only on our behalf.
- Auditors and advisors: We share Personal Data with auditors for the performance of audit functions, and with advisors for the provision of legal and other advice.
- Business reorganization: We share Personal Data with any corporate purchaser or prospect to the extent permitted by law as part of any merger, acquisition, sale of company assets or transition of service to another provider, as well as in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which Personal Data would be transferred as an asset of Koil Energy Solutions or its assigns.
- Mandatory disclosures and legal rights: We share Personal Data in order to comply with any subpoena, court order or other legal process, or other governmental request. We also share Personal Data to establish or protect our legal rights, property or safety, or the rights, property or safety of others, or to defend against legal claims.
If you have questions about the parties with which we share Personal Data, please contact us as specified below.
We use “cookies” to identify you when you visit www.koilenergy.com and to build up a demographic profile. A cookie is a small piece of information sent by a web server to a web browser, which enables the server to collect information back from the browser. If you are uncomfortable with cookie technology, you have the option of setting the browser to reject cookies.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small amounts of data that are stored on your browser, device or the page you are viewing. Some cookies are deleted once you close your browser, while other cookies are retained even after you close your browser so that you can be recognized when you return to a website. More information about cookies and how they work is available at www.allaboutcookies.org.
Cookies on our Site are generally divided into the following categories:
What are your options if you do not want cookies on your device?
You can review your Internet browser settings, typically under the sections “Help” or “Internet Options,” to exercise choices you have for certain cookies. If you disable or delete certain cookies in your Internet browser settings, you might not be able to access or use important functions or features of this Site or others, and you may be required to re-enter your log-in details.
To learn more about certain cookies used for interest based advertising by third parties, including through cross-device tracking, and to exercise certain choices regarding such cookies, please visit the Digital Advertising Alliance, Network Advertising Initiative, Digital Advertising Alliance-Canada, European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance or your device settings if you have the DAA or other mobile application.
Data Subject Rights
Where required by applicable law, you have the right to obtain confirmation that we maintain certain Personal Data relating to you, to verify its content, origin and accuracy, as well as the right to access, review, port, delete, block or withdraw consent to the processing of certain Personal Data (without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal), by contacting us as detailed below. In particular, you have the right to object to our use of your Personal Data for direct marketing, and in certain other situations at any time. Contact us below for more details. Please note that we need to retain certain Personal Data as required or permitted by applicable law.
We maintain reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect Personal Data from loss, misuse, alteration or unintentional destruction. However, no security measure can guarantee against compromise. You also have an important role in protecting your Personal Data. You should not share your username and password with anyone, and you should not re-use passwords across more than one website. If you have any reason to believe that your username or password has been compromised, please contact us as detailed below.
Cross-Border Data Transfers
We may transfer Personal Data to various jurisdictions as necessary for the purposes described above, including to jurisdictions that may not provide the same level of data protection as your home country. We provide appropriate protections for cross-border transfers as required by applicable law for international data transfers. With respect to transfers originating from the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we implement standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission, and other appropriate solutions to address cross-border transfers as required by applicable law. Where required by such laws, you may request a copy of the suitable mechanisms we have in place by contacting us as detailed below.
What is the legal basis of processing?
Some jurisdictions require an explanation of the legal basis for collecting and processing Personal Data. We have several different legal grounds on which we collect and process Personal Data, including:
- as necessary to perform a transaction (such as when we respond to your requests);
- as necessary to comply with a legal obligation (such as when we use Personal Data for recordkeeping to substantiate tax liability);
- consent (where you have provided consent as appropriate under applicable law, such as for direct marketing or certain cookies); and
- as necessary for legitimate interests (such as when we act to maintain our business generally, including maintaining the safety and security of the Site).
- With respect to legitimate interests, given that we are a B2B company, we typically collect and process limited Personal Data about customer contacts and other individuals acting in their business capacities, as part of our overall effort to reduce the privacy impact on individuals.
What are the consequences of not providing Personal Data?
Do we engage in automated decision-making without human intervention?
Except with regard to certain recruitment activities, which are detailed in a separate privacy statement, we do not use automated decision-making without human intervention, including profiling, in a way that produces legal effects concerning you or otherwise significantly affects you.
Does the Site honor do not track (“DNT”) signals sent via browsers?
No, we DO NOT honor DNT signals.
How long do we retain Personal Data?
We typically retain Personal Data related to marketing activities for as long as you accept marketing communications from us. Our third-party contractors may keep them, but generally for up to 2 years or less.
After 2 years, or upon request, they/we will generally securely delete such data in accordance with applicable law.
How does Koil Energy Solutions handle employee and contractor privacy issues?
Changes of These Terms
Koil Energy Solutions reserves the right, at its discretion, to make changes to any part of the Site. Due to its policy of updating and improving the site, Koil Energy Solutions may wish to change these Terms,(including those relating to your uses of the Content). When Terms are changed, this page will be updated.
You may not assign, sub-license or otherwise transfer any of your rights under these terms. If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid by any court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of that provision will not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of these Terms, which shall remain in full force and effect. Failure by either party to exercise any right or remedy under these Terms does not constitute a waiver of that right or remedy. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms, you should not use the Site any further. Headings in these Terms are for convenience only and will have no legal meaning or affect.
Contacting Koil, Inc.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, or the practices of this site, please contact us: